Thursday 25 February 2010

LINA OSTERMAN A/W 2010 collection film






Li na's collection concept was the main inspiration and its references to identity, goth attire and rock-inspired silhouettes. The purpose of this project was to replace the conventional catwalk show, displaying her collection in a 3 multichannel video installation. With this project I wanted to explore the boundaries between art and commerce. Employing a more commercial approach than my previous fashion films helped me make the film for consumption, while the use of video art and multi-screen installation gave me freedom to explore the possibilities the medium could give me for experimentation. Fashion video installation is fast becoming an alternative option to the high costs of a catwalk show. Although catwalk shows will never be fully replaced by fashion films, they are, for all their beauty, still ephemeral.

No comments: